Bridget Rountree and Iain Gunn both hold degrees in Literature and have a background in Fine Art.
Bridget is a native of San Diego, California and Iain is from Vancouver, British Columbia. They have been collaborating under the name Animal Cracker Conspiracy since 2006. Their shared interest and investigation of where fine art, puppetry, performance art, physical theater, and mixed media intersect is a continued source of inspiration for their work.
They have performed and exhibited in the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, Museum of Photographic Arts San Diego, and Art Power at UCSD. Animal Cracker Conspiracy has participated in both national and international artist residencies and workshops with Bread and Puppet, North American Creative Laboratories, La Pocha Nostra, RosenClaire, and the Old Trouts Puppet Workshop. They have received support from the Jim Henson Foundation, Puffin Foundation, Sator Arts Foundation, Synergy Arts Foundation, and The Puppet Slam Network.
Recognition & Awards
- 2016 Puppet Slam Network Grant
- 2015 Jim Henson Foundation Project Grant
- 2015 Network of Ensemble Theatres Exchange Grant
- 2015 Puppet Slam Network Grant
- 2014 Guthman Foundation Grant
- 2013 Creative Catalyst Fellowship
- 2013 Puppet Slam Network Grant
- 2112 Heather Henson, IBEX Puppetry Grant
- 2012 Puffin Foundation Grant
- 2012 Jim Henson Foundation Project Grant
- 2012 Puppet Slam Network Grant
- 2012 Best of S.F. Fringe
- 2012 Techies Choice Award S.F. Fringe
- 2012 Curated Choice New Orleans Fringe
- 2011 Puppet Slam Network Grant
- 2011 Synergy Art Foundation Grant
- 2010 Jim Henson Seed Grant
- 2010 Puppet Slam Network Grant
- 2010 Heather Henson, IBEX Puppetry Grant
- 2009 Sator Arts Foundation Grant